· 4 tablespoons olive oil
· 1 onion coarsely chopped
· 4 cloves garlic minced
· 2 medium zucchini (about 1 pound) halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
· 1 cup frozen corn kernels (4 ounces)
· 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
· 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
· 2 cups grated pepper jack cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large skillet, heat 3 Tbs oil over medium heat. Add onion and 1 tsp salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic; cook 1 minute more.
2. Add zucchini and frozen corn kernels; cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is soft and corn is tender, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro, if using.
3. Brush one side of all tortillas with remaining tablespoon oil; lay 2 tortillas, oiled side down, on a baking sheet. Place half of the filling on each, and sprinkle with half the cheese. Place remaining 2 tortillas on top, oiled side up; press down gently with a spatula to seal.
4. Bake until cheese has melted and tortillas are golden brown, turning once, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven; let cool slightly. To serve, slice each quesadilla into wedges.